|Our U.S Department of Commerce reports that franchising:
- is approximately one trillion dollars a year in
- increases about 8% per year.
- represents 15%-16% of our gross national product.
- employs nearly 9 million people.
- includes over 800,000 establishments.
- accounts for more than 40% of all retail sales.
Franchising will continue to grow because economic factors
have made growth through company-owned units difficult for
most businesses. Therefore, it is a powerful and popular strategy,
for it takes small and mid-sized businesses and expands them
into multi-million dollar companies. Established large companies
also use franchising strategies to further expand and grow.
And franchising is used as an investment vehicle by pension
funds, real estate syndicates, investment groups, and private